MR GLOBAL SA 2019! – The new trending topic in celebrity news.
I’ve recently interviewed SA’s new Mr Global, Marcus Karsten, and I can assure you, not only does he have good looks, but his soul and personality are also a 10 out of 10!
The 24-year-old is from Centurion, Gauteng, where he works for and with his mother, as a ‘2ic’ training practitioner with companies like Shoprite and Checkers.
Here’s a few questions I asked Marcus during the interview:
1. Why did you enter and participate in the Mr World SA competition?
Well, I didn’t enter the competition myself, but Armand du Plessis asked me to be part of the competition and that made me a wild card finalist.
2. What would you say is something you need to work on or makes you stress for competitions like this?
There’s only one thing that makes me stress and that’s the first 5 minutes of being on stage, afterwards, I’m very chilled and love being on the runway.
3. Who is your biggest role model in life?
Definitely my mom. She’s been motivating me from day one. Through every rough time in life, she pulled us through.
4. Are you currently in a relationship?
Yes, I am.
5. What do you do during your free time?
I love being with family and friends, but being in the gym or drinking red wine is my favourite things to do.
6. Do you have a special facial routine?
No, not really. But I can say that I have my own barber razors to style my beard and I also thread my own eyebrows, I don’t trust anyone else with it.
7. Do you want to be associated with big brands one day?
I would love to be partnered with GUESS and ARMANI as clothing sponsors.
8. What are the things you want in the perfect wife or partner?
I believe that all men and women in a relationship must be equal. She has to be able to socialise and we both have to participate in running the household, and in the end, make one another happy.
9. Did you study something after school?
Yes, I did my LLB diploma through UNISA.
10. Where do you hang out or like to socialise most of the time?
I like going to Little Britain in Centurion, it’s also owned by one of my friends.
Marcus will go to Thailand in September 2019 to represent South Africa at the Mr. Global competition.
You can also follow Marcus on social media @MarcusKarsten on his new journey in this new part of his life. If you want to get Marcus to your next event, photoshoot or competition judge, get in touch with him through this mail: firstname.lastname@example.org