It’s that time of the year again. The excitement of one of the most anticipated events on the Matric Calendar; it’s Matric farewell time! This is your night of glamour, your red carpet event, the student Oscars and it’s an opportunity to celebrate with a bang along with all your friends and teachers that have made your past five years what they were. It’s the climax of the matric social scene and it marks the end of this chapter while looking ahead to the next. Now get out there and enjoy it!
Because BLOSS youth and the Matric Experience celebrate this wonderful time and transition in your lives we have launched a number of exciting Matric farewell Competitions Online for all the Matric Farewell’s from 2015 to 2019. So go have a look at the Matric Experience and Bloss Matric dress of the year Facebook pages and you could be our next winners!
BLOSS matric dress of the year is offering all young scholars throughout South Africa the opportunity to showcase their matric farewell dresses at a prestigious gala event, compete for the chance to win their dream matric farewell designs made specially for their farewell and show off as the matric couple of the year.
The aim of this event is to give young scholars a platform to show off their farewell dress; an opportunity to explore their creativity and showcase their dream designs, as well as giving couples the chance to compete for couple of the year.
The categories are as follows
- Category A: Individual (BLOSS dress of the year) This is an open category for all matric farewell dresses. You don’t have to be in grade 12 to enter, but you must have attended a matric farewell. Girls between the ages of 16 and 21 years may enter. Matric farewell dresses from 2015 to 2018 may be entered.
- Category B: Design (matric experience design of the year) Design your own matric farewell dress or suit for yourself or a friend. You don’t have to be in grade 12 to enter, but your design will be made for your matric farewell or your chosen friends farewell.
- Category C: Couples category This is a couple’s category whereby the couple will be judged as a pair.
- Lucky draw to win a dream matric farewell this is an open category for all 2019 matric students who attend the BLOSS matric dress of the year event on Saturday 9th of February 2019.
5th January 2019: Closing date for Category A and C
9th January 2019: Announcement of Category A and C semi-finalists
1st February 2019: Closing date for Category B: designs submission
4th February 2019: Design semifinalists will be announced
February 2019: The Youth Expo (date and venue to be confirmed)
Launch of the Bloss Youth Magazine and Cover girl Competition.
Matric farewell and valentine’s day fashion shows
BLOSS matric dress of the year semifinals & finals
Matric experience design of year semifinals & finals
Matric farewell couple of the year semis and finals
Win a dream matric farewell lucky draw
* All winners will be announced at the BLOSS matric dress of the year’s prestigious gala event.
To enter the BLOSS Matric dress of the year competition brought to you by Matric Experience, Johan Ungerer Signature Events and Headline Entertainment.
Enter directly on www.blossmatricdress.co.za