A shy girl in the 1960 pop tune, “Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini” by Brian Hyland made a bold fashion statement by donning a bikini in yellow. All these years later yellow still makes a statement. – Stand Out In Yellow
Yellow is the most luminous of all the colours of the spectrum. It is the colour that captures our attention more than any other colour.
It is the color of happiness, and optimism, of enlightenment and creativity, sunshine, and summer.
In the natural world, yellow is the colour of sunflowers and daffodils, egg yolks and lemons, canaries, and bees. And in our contemporary human-made world, yellow reminds us of Sponge Bob, the Tour de France winner’s jersey, happy faces, post its, and the signs that alert us to danger or caution.
Here are 5 Fun Facts about this colour of happiness
- Yellow was significant in the series “How I met your mother.” Ted met the mother while she was holding a yellow umbrella, which later became the symbol of love for the TV series fans.
- Yellow is the colour of New York City’s taxis. In 1967, New York City ordered all the taxis to be painted yellow to help cut down on unofficial drivers and make official taxicabs more readily recognizable.
- In China yellow represents wealth because it is the colour of royalty.
- Original post-it cards were originally yellow. This happened by accident because the lab next to the creators’ lab happened to have some yellow scrap paper.
- The word yellow is originated from the Old English gold.
They say yellow is the New Millennial pink and here are some on-trend ideas for these holidays.
Even though it is the time of the year where we all go Merry Christmas on our nail art, stand out this summer with a beautiful yellow French manicure that will go with just about any outfit. It will even make your hands happy!
Whether you are planning on baking in the sun around your pool or heading to the beach. It has never looked so good as when you step out in yellow swimwear this season.
Make a bold statement in some bright yellow accessories. You can dress your New Years’ outfit up with some bold yellow items that will make a statement. – Stand Out In Yellow
Wear a beautiful yellow dress this summer. It is versatile and can be worn with a variety of shoes and jackets. Plus, we are sure it will put a smile on your face. After all yellow is the colour of happiness. Dare we say you will look as fresh as a daisy.
Though vibrant yellow can look amazing with bright colours. The easier way to style yellow is with a neutral palette. Like black, navy, tan, and white. Which all look great against yellow, and it makes the experience of wearing such a bold shade less intimidating.
So, make sure yellow is your go-to fun colour!
“How lovely yellow is! It stands for the sun.” Vincent Van Gogh
Click here to read more from our BLOSS Brand Ambassadors