You get all kinds of friendships. Friendships between different cultures, friendships between different religions, friendships at work, even with your cat. And then you get the very common friendship between sex and alcohol.
Now, it is no secret that certain people tend to feel a little more frisky after a few drinks. Following a very cool Food and Wine Masterclass evening we attended, I started thinking of all the times I have felt my inner sexual goddess whispering all kinds of strange things in my ear. Then it hit me, alcohol really does turn people into a naughtier version of themselves.
I have decided to see this as somewhat of an educational blog where you will find out exactly why a drink or 6 heats up your hormones.
Alcohol slows down thought processes. This happens due to its depressing effect on the cerebral cortex, which is the command central for memory, perception, thought, awareness, and all that important stuff. So, as soon as the drinks start flowing, so does some of your inhibitions, out the door! We now know what and why this happens, do we know how to avoid or encourage it?
Here are some solutions you may want to consider the next time you find the barman/lady, who might not normally be your type, extremely attractive:
- Before things get blurry, take a look around the bar and target the ONE person you know you wouldn’t want to end up spending the night with. Stick a bright coloured sticker on his/her shirt. As soon as you start thinking that this may be the future ONE, you know you’ve had enough. (Haha! Don’t really do that, that would be suspicious.)
- WATER! It does not exist just so you can have it with whiskey. What few people know is that drinking water in between drinks will do wonders to keep you (sort of) on track. And it softens the blow of the hangover the next day! Bonus.
- Slow down on the shots. “Just one”, right? In most cases, people tend to stay sober longer when enjoying only a few drinks minus the 3 rounds of Jaggerbombs. Staying sober obviously helps to stay, well, focused on the right things.
Now, how about some solutions on what kind of alcohol really sets a good mood, with the intended person, of course.
- Wine: A study has shown that women who enjoy wine in moderation, red in specific, are more likely to end up slaying the dragon. Another important point is that women are turned on by scents. The aroma of the wine contributes to
the rise in libido levels.
- Tequila: Ahhh, something my fiance can tell you a lot about. Not only does it scare your clothes right off your body, but it also does not contain as much sugar (which contributes to a nasty hangover).
- Beer: In men, beer delays premature ejaculation. This means, when you’ve had your glass of red and your partner has his cold one, fireworks are likely to light up the bedroom!
Well, I hope you either invest in a good bottle of wine or a packet of colourful stickers after this read!