Month 2 of the new year and what better theme to have than “Rock Hard”? So, to spoil our readers, I thought it would be fun to tap into the minds of some of the finest artists in SA to see what makes them tick.
First off, a band completely different to what you may know and the kind of band you lock your daughters away from. They have been flying the rock flag since 2005 and are largely influenced by 80’s rock bands like Mötley Crüe, Bon Jovi, Guns & Roses and Kiss. These guys are all about girls, Harleys, big hair and good times. They are an 80’s glam rock band from Pretoria called: L.A. Cobra.
First, lead guitarist, Slade Sleaze:
- Which perfume smells the sexiest on a woman? Nothing beats the smell of freshly washed hair on a woman. Otherwise DKNY (green apple) and Pleasures from Estée Lauder
- Choose one band of all time who you would not mind swapping your wife for? Probably none. I don’t think the marriage to any other band would last long. Ha ha. Cobra gives me enough grey hairs!
- Who is your all time famous woman crush? Kate Beckinsale all the way!
Secondly, lead singer and guitarist, Don Cobra:
- If you were a woman, who’s groupie would you want to be? Vince Neil, without a doubt!
- Confident or shy women and why? Most definitely confident, nothing sexier than a woman who knows what she wants.
- Who is your all time famous woman crush? Hmmm, Angeline Jolie.
Thirdly, on Bass guitar, Ewil:
- Name one song that you would link to the word “sexy”? Queens Of The Stone Age – Make it with chu.
- What do you consider “sexy” in a woman? Her smell, body, clothes, eyes and she needs to have some style!
- Who is your all time famous woman crush? Brody Dalle of Distillers.
And then, the animal, Callie:
- What band name does a girl have to know, to get your attention? X Japan for sure!
- Which rocker would you want your girlfriend to dress up as for Halloween? Joan Jett.
- Who is your all time famous woman crush? Natalie Portman of course!
So there you have it ladies! As you can see, everyone’s taste differs and this should bring you comfort when trying to figure out what men really want. In the end, whatever you offer and whoever you are, you are someones cuppa tea! As long as you stay authentic and embrace what makes you unique, your true beauty will not go unnoticed. Rock Hard!
Keep your eyes peeled to see which rock band reveals their answers in my next Blog! Clue: They are a South African band and their name may or may not remind you of a certain peanut butter brand. To make it interesting, I will be giving away one L.A. Cobra Shotgun Slinger CD to one of the people who guesses the name of the band I will be interviewing next. To win, email the name of the band to firstname.lastname@example.org. Winner will be announced on Facebook, on the 12th February 2020.