Last week I sat down with one of the main movers & shakers in the modelling industry, Jane, from ICE Model Management Johannesburg. plus size models
Most topics discussed included the industry, where it’s heading and the hype behind Plus Modeling. We just love how women are flaunting it and embracing who they are.
Three of the most popular ICE Models who are DOMINATING the industry:
What are they looking for in a curvy/plus size models?
Size: between 16 to size 20.
Height: 1.74 to 1.80
Personality adds so much value, not just for curvy models but for any model. However, they want sass, they want well-groomed models who are embracing their curves and who are bringing their A-game.
What are the possibilities for Plus Size Models within the industry?
There are a lot of possibilities for curvy models. Just to name a few:
- Editorial, commercial model
- Catalogue or online store model
- Catwalk or Runway Model
- Fit or Showroom model
- Influencer or Blogger
International Plus-Size Fashion Brands & Designers:
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Michael Kors
- Lane Bryant
- ASOS Curve
- Universal Standard
- Dear Kate
- Savage x Fenty
A FEW TIPS & TRICKS IF YOU WANT TO ENTER INTO THE CURVY DIVISION OF MODELING:
- Make sure you wear figure-hugging clothes that enhance your beautiful curves when arriving at a casting or modelling agency
- Show personality yet be sophisticated
- Know your ramp work
- Look after your body & health. Even though you are in the curvy division, it is essential to be as healthy as possible while still remaining your size.
- Flaunt your curves! You know your body best. Confidence is also an “inside out kinda thing”.
- Look after your mind. With so much hate speech doing its rounds in the industry, it is easy to get carried away by what “society” demands from a typical stereotypical model.
Beauty does not come in a size