Lipstick is surely a go-to makeup, whether it is a quick fix or for a much detailed party look.
It is the most important makeup that instantly changes the face from looking drab to diva and also has some skin benefits.
How You Benefit From Using Lipstick
When we want to quickly pull our look together, and it’s also an important part of a more detailed makeup regimen. However we choose to use it, lipstick has been the most popular form of makeup for decades and there is no indication that this will change any time soon.
But, did you know that there are other benefits that we can get from lipstick apart from enhancing our natural beauty?
Protects & Heals
Lipstick can protect our lips from the elements, especially the cold and wind, by forming a protective barrier for your lips. If your lips were already in trouble, the right lipstick will also help to repair cracked, dry lips. It’s all in choosing the right lipstick. If these are benefits that you crave – and who doesn’t need to have soft, supple, and smooth lips? – then choose a lipstick that contains natural oils and emollients to deliver the moisture that you need.
The skin on your lips is different from the skin on the rest of your body because it lacks melanin, the pigment that protects against sun damage, and so your lips can be damaged by the sun. Lipstick forms a protective barrier from the sun’s rays as it contains an SPF, usually SPF 12 or higher.
Brightens Your Smile
Lipstick makes your smile appear nice and bright as long as you select the right lipstick for the job. Those with cooler undertones, such as blues or purples, help to reduce any yellow tint of the teeth. You should avoid warmer tones if you are wearing lipstick to brighten your smile.
Some True Facts:
- Lipstick provide hydration as it has ingredients like Aloe Vera and/or vitamin E.
- Lipstick defines your lips and brightens your smile, provided you choose the right shade.
- Wearing a lipstick can complete your look, whether it is about looking more credible at a professional setting or more sexy for a date night.
- Women who wear lipstick feel more confident and powerful. As a matter of fact, they are usually perceived by others as being more attractive, and in control.
- Lipstick is also a mood enhancer, which lifts our spirits during tough times. It instantly makes us feel empowered.
- Lipsticks speak a lot about ones personality. While most of us (I am sure you all would agree) will have dozens of lip colours, there will be 3-4 colours most used and easily worn almost everywhere.
- Lipstick if chosen correctly can enhance your complexion. First, it is important to understand your skin undertone, whether it’s cool or warm or neutral.
“If I had to teach someone just one thing about lip color, it would be this: Find a lipstick that looks good on your face when you are wearing absolutely no makeup.” – Makeup Artist, Bobbi Brown
Compiled by Carole Vorster, BLOSS Brand Ambassador
Click her to read more from our BLOSS Brand Ambassadors
Lipstick, Your Instant Go-To Makeup