Ever wonder how the A-listers always seem to possess that whole year-round naturally glowing skin?
Well, we can say it’s partly because of good genes and partly due to amazing makeup artists, but let’s face it, it’s mostly because of very well-kept industry secrets.
Hollywood’s best skincare secrets aren’t a secret anymore. As the beauty editor at BLOSS Magazine, I was given the opportunity to spend the day at The Dermology Aesthetic Laser & Skin Care Clinic to learn more about the latest trending treatments that celebrities swear by.
Dermology which is situated in the heart of Sandton Johannesburg is a well-established medical aesthetic practice. Here you will find highly educated and experienced laser and skin specialists and medical doctors who work together as a team to reach their patient’s skin goals.
Lourette Du Toit who is an award-winning manager and dermal aesthetician at Dermology prides herself with 14 years’ experience in the industry. Her focus is to create a work environment for her team to grow individually and therefore grow the value of the business.
Dermology’s vision is to put together the perfect recipe of skin procedures, combinations and ingredients, by looking outside of the box.
As a loyal client of Dermology for almost 3 years now, my favourite treatments include the Million Dollar Facial, Fire and Ice Peel and the BBL Corrective laser treatment for anti-ageing, stubborn pigmentation and sun damage. The unique range of affordable, medical and anti-ageing skin treatments is endless.
For the summer holidays, I prefer something more subtle to brighten up my complexion. With the help and guidance of Theresa Horn who is an internationally qualified laser and skincare specialist and my go-to therapist at Dermology, I rest assured that my skin is in good hands and I can relax and enjoy my day of pampering as she guides me on choosing the best treatment for my skin.
Together with the expert advice of Lourette, a combination of DERMAPLANING and DERMALUX LED light treatment seems to be the best option for the specific end result I’m looking for.
This combination treatment is ideal before special functions as there is little to NO downtime, which is amazing for on-the-go businesswoman (and moms like myself) who don’t have the luxury to go into hiding for days on end. Celebrities such as Kourtney Kardashian, Meghan Markle and various other Hollywood celebrities are fans of these treatments.
- First, my skin is well cleansed and prepared using DERMAQUEST C-infusion cleanser and peptide glycol cleanser. This aids in loosening up the superficial dead layers of skin.
- Secondly, she uses a prep solution over the skin to pick up any remaining product residue.
- The universal cleansing oil is then applied. This serves as a gliding medium to get a smooth and even movement over the surface of the skin.
- With the use of a specialised tool with a small blade the most upper layers of dead skin, as well as ‘peach fuzz’ (facial hair), is gently scraped off.
- Afterwards, a brightening gel mask is used to feed the skin with hydration.
Dermaplaning can be done on a monthly basis to provide the skin with the following benefits;
- Improve Skin Texture
- Brighter and Radiant looking skin
- Improved product penetration
- Monthly exfoliation Hollywood’s Best Kept Beauty Secrets
World-leading and trusted British brand for professional LED Phototherapy. The Dermalux LED is applied using a combination of lights too;
- Prevent breakouts Hollywood’s Best Kept Beauty Secrets
- Stimulate collagen and elastin
- And create an overall much brighter and even skin tone.
After my treatment, Theresa applies the DERMAQUEST stem cell rebuilding complex. This helps rebuild the skin’s barrier, restore hydration and stimulate collagen production.
SPECTACULAR!! One week after treatment and my skin feels soft and rejuvenated with a radiant glow, just in time for the festivities of the holiday season.
TIP: -Before you apply makeup on your newly exfoliated, baby soft skin, make sure to clean your makeup brushes, especially foundation and concealer brushes, once a week – MINIMUM – in order to prevent bacterial buildup, which can lead to breakouts.
For more information about these treatments or to purchase any of the products mentioned please visit www.dermology.co.za
Click here to read more from our BLOSS Beauty Editors
Hollywood’s Best Kept Beauty Secrets