Natural aphrodisiacs are things that trigger arousal, flames desire, increases sexual performance and fuels the inner fires. It may not always seem like a good idea to play around with it but once you’ve tried it once, you’ll be sure to explore with some natural aphrodisiacs
“To feel aroused is to feel alive. Having great sex is like taking in a huge lungful of fresh air, essential to your body, essential to your health, and essential to your life.”
– Fiona Thrust
We’ve all heard about oysters and pineapple, but they seem so cliché. Yes, they may have worked in the past but who wants to gob down oysters before sex to get things moving along for the rest of their lives? I sure do not like to taste like a fresh-caught sea creature when getting it on! Or smell like a tropical fruit punch. If you don’t either, here is a list of alternative natural aphrodisiacs you should consider:
- Maca – Maca, a root vegetable that’s often ground and dried into a powder, is one of the only aphrodisiacs with slight scientific evidence that it actually works as an aphrodisiac. Some studies show it stimulates sexual desire in menopausal women. It is rich in vitamins and minerals like manganese and potassium, as well.
- Honey – Honey contains boron, which helps to regulate estrogen and testosterone (essential for your sexual appetite).
- Pumpkin – Marta Montenegro explains that pumpkin is high in fibre and has potassium, “both good for stamina” as well as magnesium, which can help calm nerves and muscles.
- Avocados – Avocados contain Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin B6, all of which have proven to enhance the mood.
- Champagne – Steve McGough, who has a doctorate in sexology and a BS in biochemistry, suggests that Champagne as an aphrodisiac has more to do with getting in the mood for a special occasion than for the actual science behind the bubbles.
- Pine Nuts – If a guy is zinc deficient, pine nuts, high in zinc, can help increase their libido.
- Papaya – Full of Vitamin C and rich anti-oxidants that enhances circulation and blood flow.
Aphrodisiacs work and this is due to a wide range of mechanisms that affects the brain, blood flow, and hormones. Some even enhance both male and female fertility and may improve the chances of conception.
Now that’s a mouthful, right? Eat up, you have nothing but clothes to lose! Go explore with some natural aphrodisiacs!
This is a follow-up to one of my previous pieces.