It’s officially Spring season and if you’re still living under a rock let me inform you: DECEMBER IS 3 MONTHS AWAY. We thought it best to give all of you a little low down on how to survive the school holidays if you’re just staying home. As it is the last holiday before the big D, it’s a rather chilled one, but that doesn’t mean it needs to be boring.
Let’s address something rather obvious – most of us live in rather crowded and exciting cities like Johannesburg, Durban, Cape town etc. If you take into perspective what your city is famous for you should actually be realizing that residents don’t always take that into consideration when having a staycation. We tend to focus on what our town doesn’t have.
A recent study showed that about 65-70 per cent of residents stop doing touristy things after 5 years of living in a city. We really need to up our game and start experiencing your home town as the tourists do.
Here are a few ideas to get your mind going:
- Go to the beach or swimming pool with some friends.
- Go on a bike ride. Okay, this can be a tricky one, we wouldn’t advise just to hop on and go ahead but rather find out if your area has a dedicated bike trail.
- Read a book.
- Sleep in the guest room.
- Do a day trip.
- Go hiking.
- Have drinks with friends.
- Binge your fav Netflix show.
- Transform your room.
- Visit a museum.
- Take a drive and see the Jacaranda trees bloom.
Bloss recommends :
- A red bus tour. This tour bus lets you hop on and off at various tourist destinations in JHB and Cape town.
- Have a self-care day.
- Have a girls night out.
- TAN. Everyone likes being 2 shades darker.
Staying at home can sometimes be more fun than anticipated. Not all holidays can be what they seem on Instagram, I mean how tiring would that be. So sit back relax and have the best staycation possible.